Year 1 in Review
- We launched with an article in Fast Company and packed boxes late into the night all month long! Yes, that's a beer because if you're going to be in a warehouse all night, you should still #enjoythestay.
- Added to our Operations team just in time to survive our first Black Friday.
- Graced the pages of The Wall Street Journal!
- ’Tis the season for gift guides and our towels were featured in some of our favorite publications including Vogue, Bustle, Southern Living, Garden & Gun, Marie Claire (and more)!
- ...but the best holiday gift was selling in all 50 states!
- We hired a Product Development lead and a Customer Experience associate to make sure our towels and customer service are always delightful.
- We made our TV debut on Fox News NY. Lights, camera, Weezie.
- Got in the Valentine's Day spirit. We made limited edition heart eye makeup towels and launched our first new piping color, pink (check out the hand towels here).
- We were written up in one of our favorite business publications, Forbes.
- Brought Weezie to the wild with our first retail experience at Showfields in NYC. Our first customer was…DVF. Yes, really. We freaked out too.
- Launched our best selling green piped towels just in time for St. Patty's Day.
- Lindsey was on her first podcast, Gotham Gal.
- Hired our Chief of Staff who keeps both of us in line.
- Moved from Lindsey's NYC apartment into an official office space in Flatiron.
- Popped up in one of our favorite NYC stores, the Laundress.
- Went to the beach. We launched beach towels for summer (and new embroidery styles, Tybee and Perry).
- Had a dreamy dinner in Charleston at Elizabeth Stewart’s beautiful home to celebrate our launch with some of our favorite Weezie hype girls.
- Liz was featured in Southern Living’s Beauty & Style section.
- Visited our factories in Portugal and finalized 2020 products - stay tuned for some exciting new goodies!
- Liz’s house was featured in Lonny (our fave powder room!)
- Wrapped up in Weezie. We launched women's robes, both long and short.
- Announced a big move — we’ll be moving Weezie from NYC to Atlanta in 2020! Check out available positions here.
- Launched our first product collaboration, the India Amory robe. It sold out in one day and we co-hosted a dinner in the Hamptons to celebrate the launch.
- Launched stitched edge towels, including two new colors: bright pink and bright blue.
- Continued to build out our team, rounding out the team to 16 people. We wouldn't be where we are today without them.
- Added some double taps. We finished year 1 with 35.5K followers on Instagram.
We've now sold over 65,000 Weezie products nationwide, and nothing makes us happier than thinking about our towels and robes in your hands. One year down, many more to go. We can’t wait for year two and we’re so lucky to have you on this wild ride with us!
xx Liz & Lindsey