Athens, GA based interior decorator, Alexa Stevenson, designed a bright and bold bathroom that we can’t get enough of! Keep reading to get to know Alexa and this blue jewel-box of a bathroom.
Alexa, tell us about yourself!
I live in Athens, GA. I lived in NYC for over a decade where I worked for shelter magazine group Cottages & Gardens, and then for the wonderful William Yeoward working at his William Yeoward Crystal showroom in New York. I started my own business in 2010 and moved to Athens in 2013.
We are obsessed with this bold bathroom, tell us about the design!
This bathroom is the client’s children’s bathroom as well as the guest bathroom. We gutted it but kept the layout. The client loves color, but like most people, is timid when it comes to using it everywhere. Bathrooms are great places to go bold! She fell immediately for the Mitchell Black wallpaper and I went from there. We both wanted something different but not trendy. (I don’t do trendy!) Mitchell Black is a local Chicago black and woman-owned small business. I love that you can custom color most of their patterns.
- Wallpaper: Mitchell Black - Evening Rain Wallpaper
- Vanity: American Standard
- Sconces: Sazerac Stitches Fontainebleau Sconce
- Sink Hardware: Moen Weymouth Faucet
- Mirror: Uttermost Crofton Vanity Wall Mirror
- Shower Curtain: Legacy Linens
- Blue Paint on Trim: Benjamin Moore Blue Suede Shoes
- Towels: Weezie Green Piped Edge Hand Towels with Green Mercer embroidery
Favorite Designers to Follow on IG:
Favorite Fabric + Wallpaper Brands:
Beyond what is included in this bathroom space - what are 3 other go-to sources/items you often use in bathroom spaces?
- Four inch square white subway tile. A little retro, but less expected than the classic brick that is everywhere--and still classic!
- Pique shower curtains with tape trim when the budget doesn’t allow for glass doors.
- Dash & Albert indoor outdoor rugs. I love the striped ones for a little bit of color (but not the star of the show!) and better than a basic bath rug.
There you have it! If you're on the hunt for more great sourcing info, look no further than our recent interview with the ladies behind Gordon&Dunning Interiors.