1. What Information Do We Collect and for What Purpose?
The categories of information we collect can include:
Information you provide to us directly. We may collect personal information, such as your name, phone number, location, address information, payment information, order information, and e-mail address when you access or use the Site, sign up for our mailing list, enter a contest or sweepstakes, or otherwise communicate with us. We may also collect any communications between you and Weezie and any other information you provide to Weezie.
Information we receive from third party sites you connect to our Sites. We may receive personal information about you from third parties and combine that with information we collect through our Site. For example, when you interact with us through a social media site or third party service, such as when you like, follow or share Weezie’s content on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or other sites, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information, picture, user ID associated with your social media account, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive from these third party sites is dependent upon that third party’s policies and your privacy settings on that third party site. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Sites.
- Location Information. We collect information about your location through your IP Address automatically in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
- Information we receive from third parties. From time to time, we may receive information about you from third parties and other users. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Site, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages and push notifications, and invite others to join the Site. We may also send you Site-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, change or updates to features of the Site, technical and security notices). For more information about your communication preferences, see “Control Over Your Information” below.
Like most websites and online services, we and our third party partners automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Site, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, Google Analytics, and similar technology (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”). These Tracking Technologies collect information about how you use the Site (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take on the Site), information about your browser and online usage patterns (e.g., IP address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, pages viewed, whether you opened an email , links clicked), and information about the device(s) you use to access the Site (e.g., mobile device identifier, mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, and depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data (which could include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device), or we may be able to approximate a device’s location by analyzing other information, like an IP address. We, or our third party partners, may link your various devices so that content you see on one device can result in relevant advertising and content displayed on another device, and so that we may recognize and contact you on the various devices you may use. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Site. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors of the Site, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
We use or may use the data collected through Tracking Technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Site; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our Site; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Site.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Site, as some features and services on our Site may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it.
3. Sharing Your Information
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Control Over Your Information” section below.
We may share your personal information with:
- The public and other members of the Site when you post feedback and reviews of our Site. Content you post to public areas of the Site, including feedback and reviews, will be viewable by others on the Site and the public. Please do not provide personal information you would not want to be public. You may be able to control the visibility of some of your information and actions in your Account page (see "Control Over Your Information" below);
- Third parties at your request. For example, you may have the option to share your activities on the Site with your friends through email, text or on various social media sites;
- Third parties with whom we partner to provide contests and sweepstakes, which will usually be identified by name in the Official Rules of the contest or sweepstakes;
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing mailing services, providing tax and accounting services, contest fulfilment, web hosting, or providing analytic services;
- The public when you provide feedback or user content on our Site. For example, if you post User Content on our blog or comment on our social media sites, your information, such as your first name, last initial, state of residence, and your comments, may be displayed on our Site or on our social media pages;
- Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- Third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the security or integrity of tour Site; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Weezie, our visitors, or others.
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
4. Control Over Your Information
Profile and Data Sharing Settings. You may update your profile information, such as your user name, and may change some of your data sharing preferences on your account page or by emailing us at email@example.com.
How to control your communications preferences: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of Site-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Site, technical and security notices).
Modifying or deleting your information: If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our Site or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
5. Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising
We may share, or we may permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third party services, to collect, information about your use of our Site over time so that they may play or display ads on our Site, on other devices you may use, and on other websites, apps or services, including on Facebook. Typically, though not always, the information Weezie shares is provided through cookies or similar Tracking Technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site and other information. We may also share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) to help us identify you across devices. We and our third party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests. As noted above, depending on your browser or mobile device, you may be able set your browser to delete or notify you of cookies and other Tracking Technology by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (Android). To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and/or the DAA’s resources at www.aboutads.info/choices, and you may also adjust your ad preferences through your Facebook settings. Some of these opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. Furthermore, if you use a different device, change browsers or delete the opt-out cookie, you may need to perform the opt-out task again. You may also be able to opt-out of some – but not all – interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
6. How We Store and Protect Information
Keeping your information safe: We care about the security of your information and employ physical, administrative, and technological safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through our Site. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
7. Children's Privacy
Weezie does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on the Site. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. Links to Other Websites and Services
The Site may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites and our users may post links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third party sites.
9. How to Contact Us