While the country is on lockdown, you probably have a lottt more time on your hands than normal. Whether you’re the kind of person who’s picking up new hobbies and skills during the quarantine, or taking time to rest and catch up on some of the best (and worst, cough, Love is Blind, cough) TV that’s come out… It’s a good time to get into podcasts.
Our Top Ten:
- Second Life This one is all about making huge career transitions, featuring amazing guests like singer-dancer-actor-producer Jennifer Lopez, chef Alison Roman, actor and philanthropist Kristen Bell, and many, many more!
- Superwomen with Rebecca Minkoff Every week, the designer Rebecca Minkoff sits down with women from every background you can imagine, from artists to CEOs, to talk about what it actually takes to be successful.
- Mom Brain This pod covers all your questions about being a mom. The hosts call in experts, doctors, and fellow moms to answer your parenting q’s. They even did a special edition about adjusting to the new normal of social distancing.
- Business of Home We love all things design at Weezie – and we know our community does, too! This is a great option for anyone, from design pros to newbies looking to redecorate during the quarantine.
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin From the author of “The Happiness Project”, this is a great option for anyone looking to de-stress and make it through these challenging times a little, well, happier.
- Loose Threads On every Loose Threads podcasts, they answer one business question that you’ve probably already wondered about, like ‘Are used cosmetics holding the secondhand beauty market back?’ and ‘Will KIND’s new product launches expand or confuse its customer base?’
- Bad on Paper If social distancing is giving you serious book club withdrawals, this is a good fix for that. Two real-life BFFs get together once a month for banter and books. But in between, they bring on guests for real chats about dating, careers, and fashion.
- Well Made It can be hard to feel connected to your favorite brands when you don’t know where they come from. This pod is all about online brands – and the people and ideas that make them work.
- Absolutely Not Sometimes, you just need to pour a glass of wine and put your feet up. This is the podcast equivalent of that. Comedian Heather McMahan, in her words, “breaks down the everyday struggles of doing the most, and the least, at the same damn time.” Featuring an “Absolutely-NOT” hotline where listeners get to call in with their gripes.
- How I Built This An NPR classic for when you want to feel inspired. The legendary Guy Raz sits down with some of the biggest names in business to talk about where they come from and, yes, how they built their businesses – everyone from Ben & Jerry to Jimmy Wales, the founder of Wikipedia.
But of course, we couldn’t fit everything on one list. Here are some of our team’s honorable mentions, in case you’re still looking for more options for your feed.
More of our favorites:
Looking for something to occupy kids? Check out our round-up of kids activities to keep them entertained while at home here.