Inside Our Labor Day Beach Bag
With the last long weekend of summer just around the corner, we are getting beach ready! Our co-founders, Liz and Lindsey, are hitting the dunes and wanted to give you a peek inside their beach bags.
Lindsey, tell us a little bit about your favorite beach!
I grew up going to Sea Island, GA, and some of my best childhood memories were made there. We still go every year, and as soon as I arrive I immediately feel like a kid again. Southern hospitality cannot be beaten!
After living in New York for almost 10 years, I have come to love the Hamptons, too. Last summer we spent as much time as we could on Georgica Beach. It is the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of the city, and every time we go I come back feeling re-energized.
What do you do on a perfect beach day?
My husband is obsessed with beach games, so I always get some major entertainment watching him play volleyball, spikeball, football, etc. with our friends.
In Lindsey's beach bag:
- The bag: Neely & Chloe Beach Tote
- Bathing suit: DVF x Onia Cindy One Piece
- Pareo: India Amory Spring Blue Pareo
- Sunglasses: Le Specs Bandwagon Sunglasses in Raw Sugar
- Beach towel: Weezie, of course! In yellow stripe.
- Book: Anything fiction on the beach! I’m partial to suspense and page-turners. I recently read I Am Pilgrim which I loved!
- Sunscreen: Elta UV Broad-Spectrum SPF
- Drink: Saturday Session Sauvignon Blanc, please!
Liz, you turn! Tell us about your favorite spot in the sun!
The beach is my favorite place and I could never choose just one! I grew up going to Wrightsville Beach in North Carolina and love what a small, authentic little beach town it is. Now that I live in Savannah, GA, Tybee Island Beach is home! Another funky, authentic beach town my family now gets the opportunity to frequent. We try to go every weekend–it’s the best way to get our girls tired before nap time, and we love any excuse to get out there.
What does your perfect beach day look like?
There are two versions: with and without kids. When going to Tybee without kids, my husband and I love to plan a playlist, bring a thermos of Palomas, set up a huge beach umbrella, and do absolutely nothing. The simplest beach days are really my favorite. With kids, it’s a lot more tiring and more about sandcastles than Palomas and playlists.
Any beach traditions you want to share?
I have an annual beach trip at Sea Island with my UGA college girlfriends. We go every year and it’s something I look forward to all year round. There is lots of gabbing, lots of wine, and lots of laughter. It’s good for the soul.
In Liz's beach bag:
- The bag: Bogg Bag
- Bathing suit: Marysia one piece for me, matching minnow suits for my girls!
- Sunglasses: Love these cute Daisy sunglasses for my littles!
- Beach towel: I love our Weezie bright blue striped beach towel!
- Coverups: My girls have been living in our Weezie + minnow Kids' Coverup all summer! It's perfect for wrapping them up post-swim, or just to snuggle in around the house.
- Sunscreen: Supergoop Glow Stick
- Sandles: Freedom Moses sandals
- Hat: Cuyana beach hat
Liz and Lindsey are beach ready! Shop our beach collection now and #enjoythestay while summer is still here. And while you've got the beach on the brain, check out our recent interview with minnow swim founder and coastal living extraordinaire Morgan Smith.