Texas-based twins Laura and Amanda Ernst are the founders of Sunshine Tienda, a vacation-inspired accessories brand spotlighting female artisans globally. Trust us: it'll be your resort season go-to.
Tell us a little about yourself!
Laura: Born and raised in Texas! I’m a twin, Pisces, mom, wife, laughter seeker, dreamer, country music fan, easy going gal.
Amanda: I’m one half of a twin set and love to laugh, sing, play and am extremely focused on living a fun, happy and interesting life.
What keeps you busy? What fun projects do you have coming up?
Laura: Sunshine Tienda keeps us very busy with travel and the day to day at our office, which we love! I have a two-year-old and a five-year-old, so my mom duties take up a lot of my time as well!
Amanda: Yes, work is definitely a major player with our time and while I love it, nothing beats a week with no hard plans, morning walks, evening cooking, and time to unwind.
Current brand crush?
Laura: Manoush Paris
Amanda: The beautiful, embroidered tunic dresses by Sea New York
Favorite interior designer or design inspo on Instagram right now?
Laura: This week we just celebrated our first year in our home and I have been slightly obsessed with interior design to stay the least. Just to name a few: @clarybosbyshell @nineandsixteen @jennysteffenshobick
What's one piece of advice you'd give your younger self (other than invest in luxury bath towels 😉)?
Laura: Haha, definitely yes to investing in luxury bath towels! I’ve always been such a nervous nelly, and I would love to tell my younger self to stop worrying about everything. There is so much you can’t change and to just enjoy the ride.
Amanda: Two things: Save and invest your money! Be confident in who you are - you got this.
Towel Time dreaming: Favorite place you've traveled and why?
Laura: My favorite place I’ve traveled is always such a hard question for me! Every trip is so special and becomes a new favorite for different reasons. But I think my top, life-changing trip was my first big trip with my husband—we traveled around Puerto Rico and thought up Sunshine Tienda!
Amanda: Laura and I are both so lucky—we grew up with a family who loved to travel and made it a priority in our lives. I traveled to Europe as a summer exchange student in high school. As my first solo international trip, it was probably was the most influential trip I’ve ever taken.
Towel Time entertainment: Last show you binge-watched, last book you read, or last podcast episode you really loved?
Laura: I just finished The White Lotus. And finally finished Yellowstone. Loved both!
Bath or shower:
- Laura: Shower
- Amanda: Shower
Towel time is quick & no-nonsense or an indulgent time:
- Laura: Quick!
- Amanda: Indulgent! I live in my terry cloth robe from 6pm - bedtime, and then look forward to coffee and terry time every morning, especially with this dip in temp hitting below 90 degrees in Texas :)
Bath time buddy:
- Laura: Citrus Verbena Shower Gel by L’Occitane
- Amanda: Classical music! I have speakers in my bathroom that take me straight to the spa.
- Laura: “I Love You This Much” (to my kids)
- Amanda: Does “Watch What Happens Live” on Bravo count?
Weezie for me:
- Laura: Long White Robe! It’s the coziest robe I’ve ever owned!
- Amanda: Terry cloth long comfy robe all day. It’s like a big morning hug.
Weezie I’m gifting and to whom?
- Laura: Wave Embroidered Hand Towels to my friend that just bought a new house!
- Amanda: I think I’ll gift some monogrammed beach towels on my next girls trip!
Famous last words (your mantra or the best advice you’ve ever received):
- Laura: Don’t worry, be happy
- Amanda: “Tell me, what is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” — Mary Oliver