It’s only July, but 2020 has already been a *year*. Staying at home coincided with spring cleaning, and probably a little stress cleaning, too. Because we’re us, we spent a lot of that time transforming our bathrooms, and we’ve found that the little things go a long way. That’s right, we’re talking about bathroom accessories. And we thought we’d share some of our best tips. If you’re starting from scratch, these accessories could be the finishing touches your bathroom needs to make it really pop. And if you’re looking for a way to spruce up your existing space, we hope these ideas help you transform it into something totally new.
Trays: If the edge of your sink is where your soap, toothbrush holder, and candle all live, trays are a super easy hack for making those necessary items look more organized. Bonus: you can always invest in festive trays for different seasons or holidays! Here are some of our favorites...
- Marble Vanity Tray from Megan Molten's shop
- Decorative trays from John Derian
- Raffia Tray from Amy Berry
- Classic white tray from Suzanne Kasler (great if you're looking for a full set!)
Curtains: Let’s be real. Besides wallpaper, shower curtains basically take up your whole bathroom, and they really draw the eye. So why not make it count? Here are a couple of chic ones that we love…
- Rebecca Atwood's Organic Surf Printed Shower Curtain
- Canvas curtains from Quiet Town
- Westwind Shower Curtain from Serena & Lily- featured below!
Photo taken by Christine Kreinbihl. Pictured is our Tullie Short Robe.
Waste Bins & Toilet Brushes: Speaking of necessities – waste bins and toilet brushes are a must when it comes to bathrooms, but that doesn’t mean they have to be boring!
Hexagonal Waste Paper Basket from Parvum Opus
- Woven Waste Basket from Land of Belle
- Minimalist Stone Toilet Brush from Food52
- Modern Black Toilet Brush & Bathroom Accessories from Food52
Tissue Box Covers: If the Kleenex logo doesn’t quite match the style you’re going for, tissue box covers are a quick fix. You can go as simple as you want or make a statement!
- Batik Print Tissue Covers from Amanda Lindroth
- Suede Tissue Box Cover from Food52
- Linen Tissue Box from Food52
Storage: Between Q-tips, cotton balls, and makeup brushes, there might be a bit of chaos on your washbasin or behind your medicine cabinet. Some small storage containers could help tidy that up in a cinch!
- Simple Storage Containers in Maple from Hawkins New York
- Glass Storage Jars from Urban Outfitters
- Rattan Lidded Cannister from Amy Berry Home
Candles: The best way to take a bath to the next level? Candles. We picked out a few that look as pretty as they smell, to brighten your space even in between baths.
- Oiseau Candle from Tory Burch
- The Dosha Candle from Hawkins New York
- Canopy Candle from Otherland (featured below!)
- Pride Collection from Boy Smells
Pictured here is our Light Blue Washcloth and Otherland's Canopy Candle
And last but not least: soaps. Obviously, soap is a very important part of any bathroom – even more so in a pandemic! – but they don’t have to be boring! We’ve found a few pretty bottles that can make a statement, and make your vanity unique.
- Rich Cleansing Bar from BLK + GRN
- Handcrafted soaps from Savon de Marseille
- Refillable Everything Soap from Follian
If you loved this round-up check out “How to Display Your Towels” for the ultimate list of towel rings, bars, and more!