Happy Holidays! We’re here to give a big thank you for hosting this year- oh, you didn’t know? Not to worry. We’ve got you covered with Weezie's best hosting tips:
First Things First, Have Weezie Towels Laid Out in the Guest Room
We like to put 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, and 2 makeup towels per couple in each room. For added luxury, put a Weezie robe in your guest room that says “guest” for extra post-shower comfort! Our Product Development Manager, Chelsea even likes to slip hotel slippers by the bed.
Stock Up on Easily Forgotten Necessities
There’s always that one thing a traveler forgets. Be the hostess hero and have an extra on hand. Stock the bathroom with toothbrushes, contact solution, razors - things that are easy to forget! A quick trip to your local Target and you can find these goodies to stock up on. All for under $5:
1. Smartly Toothbrush
2. Twin Blade Razors- 5 ct- Smartly
4. Moon Clean Slide Flossers Mint- 90pk
Keep the Tunes Flowing
ALWAYS keep music playing throughout your house or apartment. It helps keep the awkward silences at bay and makes a home cozier. Need playlist recommendations? We haven't stopped listening to the Obama's Summer 2019 playlist. Do yourself and your guest a favor with this one (and thank Phillip from our Creative team.)
Don't Use up All Your Special Wine
Buy a few affordable wines to have on hand. This way you won't go through all of your special bottles. Some of our favorites are under $20!
1. Qupe Modern White 2015
2. Decoy Sonoma Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
3. Bertrand Cote Des Roses Rose
We are also loving anything from Winc. They have an amazing selection with great prices!
Give Your Picture Frames a Refresh
Nothing says welcome home like seeing your face around the house. Charm a relative by framing photos of them, reminding them of that special trip you took together. Our Brand Marketing Manager, Mary Shaffer, swears by this hosting tip. We're big fans of Framebridge, who makes framing a breeze. If you prefer to DIY, our Creative Director, Liz, recently ordered these two frames from William Sonoma Home and Amazon.
Lay Out Your Best Coffee Table Books
One of the basics. Leave your favorite coffee table books on the bedside table for a different kind of read. Here are team Weezie’s top picks:
1. Tulum Gypset by Julia Chaplin from Assouline
2. Living with Color: Inspiration and How-Tos to Brighten Up Your Home by Rebecca Atwood
3. Hilma af Klint: Paintings for the Future by Tracey Bashkoff
4. Escape by Gray Malin
Food Can be Tricky for a Picky Eater, Just Ask
Don’t be afraid to send a group text to your guests asking what kind of snacks they like. In a world full of diet restrictions, it’s better knowing than not : ) Here is how our Customer Experience Associate, Margaret, would write this text:
Make the House Smell Yummy, but Try This Instead of a Candle
For the coziest holiday kitchen, and a dinner that smells as delicious as they come, we are braising this Short Rib Ragu in the slow cooker alllll day long. Trust us on this one (it's easy, too - even for the less seasoned chefs among us!)
Other Hosting Hacks:
- Put out a lot of throw blankets so guests can grab one if they get chilly!
- For a touch of luxe, wash sheets and towels in the Laundress No.10 ahead of their arrival.
- Before putting flowers in your favorite vase, snip them from the bottom of the stem - it keeps buds fresh longer. Check out this article from Bouqs to see which flowers will last through your guests entire stay.
- Put a carafe of water by the bedside table. Our Brand Marketing Associate and PR maven, Nan recently fell in love with this Dandelion Carafe and Tumbler by Petra Palumbo.
- Make breakfast as easy as possible. Lay out a cereal lineup the night before in case you have early risers that come to the kitchen hungry!
- For dinner, cook the main dish at home (Short Rib Ragu, anyone?) and pick up the sides from a local market. It will make dinner feel homey, while also allowing you, the hostess with the mostest, to #enjoythestay.